[Raspbian-devel] libpam-ubico and signed char on arm in debian and derivatives

Simon Josefsson simon at yubico.com
Thu Mar 7 15:06:07 UTC 2013

tor 2013-03-07 klockan 13:51 +0000 skrev peter green:
> I am a cofounder of a project called raspbian to provide a hard float
> derivative of debian for the raspberry pi. A user reported a bug to us
> about libpam-ubico related (so the reported claims) to char signedness
> and linked to a commit in upstream git.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1039577
> https://github.com/Yubico/yubico-c-client/commit/6fcc3d49d1d9b733c5bd04e4e60d400ed97cda40
>
> If this can be reproduced on an official debian port then IMO it's a
> grave bug. However I don't own a yubikey myself so there is no way I can
> test it and I don't feel comfortable filing a grave bug in debian that I
> can't reproduce myself.

Hi!  If you could build and run the self-test of the ykclient package on
an internet-connected machine, that should hopefully trigger the bug.
If so, please file a bug.  Version 2.9 should fix this problem, and
doesn't contain anything critical, so maybe it could be uploaded if
indeed this is a grave bug.  I don't have access to any armel devices
easily.

/Simon