[Raspbian-devel] Default Raspbian install

Subba Rao kvirt at tanucoo.com
Sat Dec 27 08:09:15 UTC 2014

Here is the ALSA message that I am seeing yesterday/today
_______________________
$ mpg123 Fav-song2.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2, and 3.
Version 0.3.2-1 (2012/03/25). Written and copyrights by Joe Drew,
now maintained by Nanakos Chrysostomos and others.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Playing MPEG stream from Fav-song2.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 48 kbit/s, 44100 Hz stereo
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.front
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function
snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or
directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Can't find a suitable libao driver. (Is device in use?)

Subba Rao