[Raspbian-devel] Audio

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Thu Aug 27 19:50:19 UTC 2015

	I just assumed that the headphone-style jack next to the
HDMI output was for audio. I plugged a pair of amplified computer
speakers in to the jack and powered up the Pi. To my surprise,
composit video seems to be there. Is this jack meant to be
selectable  between audio output and composite video?

	This is not a big problem right now as I am just
experimenting with the Pi and was going to feed a .wav file
through it to see what the audio sounded like. Right now, it's
probably analog NTSC video at 60 fields per second. It has
limited appeal unless one is in to really electronic music.

Martin McCormick