[3dprinter-general] Repetier Host licensing

Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Sun Mar 23 20:31:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 03:27:02PM +0100, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> Should we complain about the license change?  From the forum post, I
> understand that it used to be under the Apache license, and did receive
> some limited third party contributions.  We could contact those
> contributors and see if they want to complain that he will have to
> remove their parts or he can't use the new license.

This is not correct.  I knew the Apache license was more strict than
(and therefore incompatible with) GPL-2, but that was the patent
retalliation clause.  I read the license now, and it doesn't require
distributors to offer their source code, so I don't think there's any
way he can legally be forced to not do this.

Thanks,
Bas