[3dprinter-general] Sponsorship for uploading Octoprint

Tonnerre LOMBARD tonnerre at ngas.ch
Mon May 12 23:23:43 UTC 2014

Salut,

It took me a while to figure this out, so sorry for the delay.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> >I am still looking for people to review and upload my octoprint package:
>
> debian/copyright needs to have more entries:
>  octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.pnotify.js: GPL, LGPL, and MPL
>  octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.pnotify.min.js: GPL, LGPL, and MPL

Those are actually deleted; I'll do the +dfsg thing to try and figure it
out.

>  octoprint/static/js/lib/avltree.js: GPL and LGPL

Done.

>  octoprint/static/js/lib/knockout.js: MIT
>  (and maybe I missed one or the other)

This is a very hard problem.

The knockoutjs source code consists of many different source files which
are tied together using a build system named Grunt. Grunt however
depends on jshint, which is non-dfsg code (it's licensed under the
no-evil license thingie). So the best poke I'd have would be to package
knockout and migrate it to a different build system.

This is going to take its time. I'm not sure I'll make it in time for
the next release.

> This is no longer needed:
> I: octoprint: unused-override maintainer-script-should-not-use-adduser-system-without-home

Done.

> You add the octoprint user to dialout but did not remove it in postrm. Is
> this done automatically?

It seems so; removing the octoprint package removes the octoprint user,
which removes it from /etc/group. So we seem to be fine.

> Is there a reason why you use dh7 only?

I don't think there's a reason for that anymore. Updated to 9.

				Tonnerre