[3dprinter-general] Comments regarding uranium_3.0.3-1_amd64.changes

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 10:56:39 UTC 2017

Hi Thorsten,

> I marked your package for accept, but one of our trainess wants to know:

Thank you!

I'm the main maintainer, so I will answer the questions on behalf of Petter.

>  you uploaded uranium, which includes the binary packages: python3-uranium, uranium-plugins and uranium-tools.
>  We like to hear the reasons for that, as
>  - uranium-plugins is pretty small compared to python3-uranium and lacks any Python setup,
>  - uranium-tools does not contain anything that looks like it would be used outside.

The package layout is derived from upstream's separation into a framework and
additional plugins. It may make sense to combine them into a single package.
It's also possible that the layout has changed between the first Debian
packages I made and needs a review.

I'll investigate.

uranium-tools is mainly a cmake script for Cura to rebuild the translation
files. I explicitly put this into a separate package, because that way it can
be a pure build dependency for Cura. Normal users don't need this.
Does that make sense?

Regards,
Gregor