[3dprinter-general] Review of Cura 3.1.0

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jan 23 06:01:07 UTC 2018

[Gregor Riepl]
> I imported Cura 3.1.0 and its dependencies.
> Could you review and release the package when you have time?

I'll see what I can do. :)  Are there hard inter-dependencies, or can I
do one upload at the time without breaking anything?  It is easier for
me to find time to review single packages. :)

> By the way:
> https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/2810#issuecomment-359250182
>> *ChrisTerBeke*
>> 3.2 will have a button that takes you to the preferences window where
>> you can disable it.
>
> I think the message box and the button should be enough to address the
> SliceInfo (telemetry) plugin issue. What do you think?

As long as the default is to not call home, I believe the privacy issue
is solved.  Asking users up front if they want the program to call home
is with with me, as long as those not reading the popup and just clock
to get rid of it are not sending information by mistake.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen