[3dprinter-general] 3d Denture

Peter van Summeren petervansummeren at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:32:15 BST 2019

Hello,
First time.
I had to accept a full denture for my lower teeth. Made from acrylic and
inset teeth. It pains. I fill the gaps up with some kind of fixodent. Still
it is very bad. Technology of it looks to me very low level. But my dentist
sees it as normal.

A denture has teeth on top of an acrylic form and this form has a hollow
side which fits my lower "whatever flesh was left by the surgeon".
Not nice to write down. But many are in this position.
I hope I am clear.
I look for information. Please, if you have info, tell me. I have Debian64
buster.
1. How can I make a 3d model of my denture with a computer program?
As a first step I want this denture as 3d model reproduced by 3d printing -
with whatever material. A denture has two sides. Can it be done by photo?
2. What kind of materials in 3d printing can I use for this medical purpose?
3. Where can I find info/criticism about 3d printers for this purpose?

If you look at the internet, you will find low level denture  technology is
big business for the first world in the third world.
With friendly greetings,
P_ter