[3dprinter-general] Issues with my Any Cubic

Dr. Bas Wijnen wijnen at debian.org
Wed Jul 1 13:32:57 BST 2020

Hi,

Having no experience with that machine, I'm not sure about it. From the website
I get the feeling it's using an Arduino-based controller board. In that case,
most printer firmware would run on it. There are several options that support
the delta geometry. I'm not sure if they will support the display though.

However, I'm not sure if you will be satisfied with the options. While they run
fine once they are installed, the installation process can be complex. If you
want something that "just works", the state of 3-D printer software is not
there yet, except for software that is installed by the manufacturer (except
when that doesn't work, of course).

If you don't mind to do some learning in the process, I think you may like the
options. I have written my own firmware (and matching host software). It's
working well for me, but it's not widely tested yet. If you want, I'd be happy
to assist you in trying to get that to work on your machine. Upside to that is
that you get personal support. Downside is that it won't support the display
and it may still break at times (although as I wrote, my experience with it is
good).

If you're interested, please send me a private mail.

Thanks,
Bas