[3dprinter-general] Issues with my Any Cubic

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:25:59 BST 2020

> Having no experience with that machine, I'm not sure about it. From the website
> I get the feeling it's using an Arduino-based controller board. In that case,
> most printer firmware would run on it. There are several options that support
> the delta geometry. I'm not sure if they will support the display though.

This sounds like it will work with Cura:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/d6cx1l/anycubic_predator_cura_machine_settings/

We have Cura packaged in Debian, but the version is currently unusable
for many users. There are issues with the graphics toolkit Cura is using
(Qt), in particular on high-resolution/high-DPI screens. But it's worth
a try, as distribution-provided packages are usually the best way to
install software on Linux.

You can install the Debian package by simply running the following
command in a terminal:

sudo apt install cura

If you don't know how to use the terminal yet, you can also find the
cura package in the graphical package manager built into most Linux
desktops ("Add/Remove Software", "Discover", and others).

If this doesn't work for you, you can try the official Ultimaker Cura
version from their website: https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura
Running an AppImage is actually quite easy, see here:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/774490/what-is-an-appimage-how-do-i-install-it