[3dprinter-general] Cura 5.0~beta

Sebastian Kuzminsky seb at highlab.com
Sat May 14 00:06:54 BST 2022

Hi there folks, I've started packaging Cura 5.0~beta by extending the
various gbp repos on salsa.  I'm posting here to seek feedback and to
offer my work-in-progress, so we can avoid duplication of effort.

fdm-materials and libcharon were easy, branches are available here:

https://salsa.debian.org/seb_kuzminsky-guest/fdm-materials/

https://salsa.debian.org/seb_kuzminsky-guest/libcharon

However I ran into trouble with libsavitar.  Upstream uses SIP 6.5 to
build the python bindings, but unstable has moved on to SIP 6.6, which
replaced the parser, and the new parser crashes on libsavitar's sip files:

The sip 6.5 packages in testing have the old parser, and that builds the
new libsavitar without any problems.

I'm not sure if the fix in that bug report will be accepted by the SIP
package maintainers, but when the issue is resolved, here's a branch of
libsavitar that packages:

https://salsa.debian.org/seb_kuzminsky-guest/libsavitar

Next I'm moving on to libarcus, uranium, cura-engine, pynest2d, and the
cura gui.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky