[3dprinter-general] Printrun dependencies issue

Rock Storm rockstorm at gmx.com
Sun Aug 13 14:46:32 BST 2023

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for replying.

On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 00:16 +0200, Gregor Riepl wrote:
> Are you working to fix the issue, and do you need help?
> I'm not familiar with either printrun or pyglet, but I can offer some=20
> Python and OGL experience.

I wasn't but I guess I'll need to make this a priority now. I'm not
familiar with pyglet either to be honest so any help will be
welcomed. Though it is something that needs to be dealt with upstream
first really.

> I don't think there's much chance to get pyglet 1.x back into=20
> sid/trixie. Perhaps it's a distinct possibility if it's co-installable
> with 2.x?

Doesn't seem to be the case no. Plus migrating to the latest pyglet
makes more sense to keep up with the latest OpenGL.

> One possible workaround could be vendoring pyglet 1.x into printrun,
> but=20
> I've never tried that with a Debian python module package. Also not
> sure=20
> if this would be acceptable as per Debian policy, but if there are no=20
> other options...

Yeah I would avoid that as much as possible. Only try that as a very
last resort.

Since I won't be able to push a new revision with `pyglet (<<2)` to
unstable. What would be the best way to a) remove the package from
testing to prevent Printrun migrating downstream and b) prevent it
migrating into testing again once it's back in unstable?

A manual removal from testing solves a) and an RC bug would solve b) but
feels a bit over the top to me because the package is still usable just
some features don't work.

Please advice and thanks again.

Regards,

--=20
=E2=A2=A0=E2=A3=A4=E2=A3=BC=E2=A3=A7=E2=A3=A4=E2=A1=84 Rock Storm
=E2=A3=B6=E2=A3=BF=E2=A0=8B=E2=A0=99=E2=A3=BF=E2=A3=B6=E2=A0=80https://gith=
ub.com/rockstorm101
=E2=A2=A8=E2=A0=BF=E2=A0=83=E2=A0=98=E2=A2=BF=E2=A1=85 C304 34B3 632C 464C =
2FAF C741 0439 CF52 C968 32FD