[3dprinter-general] Printrun dependencies issue

Gregor Riepl onitake at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 23:16:22 BST 2023

> If we now declare pyglet (<<2) in the dependencies of Printrun it
> becomes uninstallable in unstable due to dependency issues. I'm not sure
> how to proceed in this situation. Printrun is not completely unusable
> under pyglet 2+ but some features won't work. Please advise.

I suppose this is the relevant upstream issue:
https://github.com/kliment/Printrun/issues/1291

Are you working to fix the issue, and do you need help?
I'm not familiar with either printrun or pyglet, but I can offer some
Python and OGL experience.

I don't think there's much chance to get pyglet 1.x back into
sid/trixie. Perhaps it's a distinct possibility if it's co-installable
with 2.x?

One possible workaround could be vendoring pyglet 1.x into printrun, but
I've never tried that with a Debian python module package. Also not sure
if this would be acceptable as per Debian policy, but if there are no
other options...