[Alioth-staff-replacement] Update of the current state

Andrew Shadura andrew at shadura.me
Fri Jul 14 22:28:42 UTC 2017

On 14/07/17 14:35, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I owe you an update. The survey is over [1] and I got a lot of interesting
> comments. Results show that I should not opt out open core software like
> gitlab immediatly. I also talked with the gitlab guys, they signaled that
> they want to change the CLA for us in a way that giving up authorship on
> code isn't neccessary any more. They said that they want to help us
> with features we are missing.
> What does this mean: unfortunately the decision isn't done yet. The gitlab
> people want to give me a demo of all those interesting gitlab features very
> soon (if possible I'll make this demo public) to help me to come to a
> decision.
>
> There are several things that I really like on gitlab:
>
> - gitlab-ci
> - the review things
> - the issue handling
>
> and some other stuff. pagure on the other hand has less features, but also
> has some very motivated and very dedicated developers that are happy to help
> us.

I just want to say we at Kallithea would be also happy to make Kallithea
fit the needs of Debian Alioth. We're about to make a new release with
features that have been brewing for some time, even though it may look
from outside there hasn't been much movement, we're actively working on
things again. Since I've posted on this list last time, we had a lot of
conversations in public and private, and we're trying to improve the
processes to get things done and at a better pace.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew