[Alioth-staff-replacement] How will Alioth's replacement affect non-Debian projects?

Joerg Jaspert joerg at ganneff.de
Fri Aug 18 20:15:21 UTC 2017

On 14767 March 1977, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

Withe the first day near done, let me answer some of this.

>  0. How will Alioth's replacement affect non-Debian projects?

It depends on what they use of alioth.

>  1. Will non-Debian projects be welcome on the replacement service?

Yes.

>  2. What kind of time scale are you thinking of for the replacement?

The git part, which is the most important: Very soon, if possible this
weekend.

We use gitlab, so some of what yoou described you can do with the
features that offer. Some other things (useful mailinglists[1]) you
cant, but listmaster said they are happy with non-Debian lists too.
CGI wont work (will have gitlab pages).

[1] Where useful is NOT a commit list (use git log and notifications).
    More like a discussion or support list.

--
bye, Joerg