[Alioth-staff-replacement] Alioth needs your help

Shengjing Zhu zsj950618 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 12:16:46 UTC 2017

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia at debian.org> wrote:
> I wonder: would it be so complex to have gitlab use sso.d.o for
> authentication?  Consider that sso.d.o only provides with user
> certificates, doesn't have any openid/oauth2/whatever provider.
>
> sso.d.o could grow a registration feature for guest accounts (instead of
> pulling them from alioth, I can't see that as something so different).

It would be great if sso.d.o provides oauth2.
And has a independent account system for guests, considering after Alioth
retired, there should be a way for guests to access.

And I think it still needs a shim for gitlab to integrate with
sso.d.o, and restrict
the account name.
For example, someone login to a registery service via sso.d.o, and that
service creates account on gitlab with proper name.
Or better, we write a ruby plugin that makes gitlab talk to sso.d.o directly.
After a quick look at gitlab docs, it can be achieved by writing a omniauth[1]
plugin

[1] https://github.com/omniauth/omniauth

--
Regards,