[Android-tools-devel] src:repo Should Use git-import-orig Rather Than Merging Upstream

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:20:21 UTC 2015

Hi Hans,

When I was about to package a newer version of repo, I found the
package on Alioth directly merges upstream in order to to fetch
source. Since Gitlies is able to download a tagged tree as a tarball,
src:repo should simply use git-import-orig to import source. This
approach is simpler and won't pull upstream Git logs into Alioth.

Take a look at the get-orig-source rule in debian/rules of my AOSP
packages, for example
<http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/android-tools/android-platform-external-libselinux.git/tree/debian/rules>.

Regards,
Kai-Chung Yan