[Android-tools-devel] Would Be Better to Package android-platform-external-f2fs-tool?

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 08:12:22 UTC 2015

Hi all,

f2fs-tools is now the only thing that blocks our entire first step of
uploading Android SDK. Actually the stage1 of
android-platform-system-core can be uploaded without the patched
f2fs-tools, but thus it won't have fastboot. Since the maintainer of
f2fs-tools seems to lack enough time for the package, and I don't want
android-platform-system-core to stuck in stage1 for too long, I think
packaging android-platform-external-f2fs-tools would be better.

So far I am not aware that AOSP's f2fs-tools has any Android-specific
modifications, so I assume it is merely a clone from upstream. However
there are one difference between AOSP version and the upstream:
fastboot requires libf2fs_fmt which is not intended to be built in the
upstream. See <https://android.googlesource.com/platform/external/f2fs-tools/+/refs/tags/android-6.0.0_r26/Android.mk>.

Packaging AOSP f2fs-tools only takes no more than half an hour, and
after that we can start uploading many AOSP packages, which are quite
ready so far.

Regards,
Kai-Chung Yan