[Android-tools-devel] Would Be Better to Package android-platform-external-f2fs-tool?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Dec 6 14:45:47 UTC 2015

Hey seamlik,

The best outcome would be to get the changes we need into the upstream
f2fs-tools.  That makes it easy to then get those changes into Debian's
f2fs-tools as an NMU or official upload.  Since you've done most of that
work in your patch, let's try to get that patch upstreamed into
f2fs-tools.  I'm sending an email to start that discussion now.

Next up would be to simplify your f2fs-tools package as much as
possible.  I think if your patch just make a static library, it would be
much simpler to review and manage, and it would work fine for the
Android Tools stuff.

Otherwise, we can go with android-platform-external-f2fs-tools, that
sounds like a good plan for making more progress.  That does not prevent
us from switching to f2fs-tools in the future.  But since it is a new
package, it will have to go through the NEW queue, and it could be
rejected there since it is just a repackaging of f2fs-tools.

.hc

殷啟聰: