[Android-tools-devel] RFS: First Wave of Android Marshmallow SDK Uploading

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 03:58:18 UTC 2016

Hi Hans,

I noticed that you uploaded all these packages into experimental,
which I would not recommend. Since the other upcoming Android packages
need them to build, how can the future Android packages download them
in buildd if they are in experimental?

Apart from this, let's see android-libselinux which I changed the
SONAME back to "libselinux.so.0" in 6.0.0+r26 while in 5.1.1+r8 it is
"libselinux.so.5". If we upload 6.0.0+r26 to unstable one day, we will
need to upload a rebuild to packages that uses android-libselinux.

For the lintian warnings, well actually they are not warnings and may
be false positives. First, I think "dh-exec-subst-unknown-variable" is
actually reminding the maintainer of typos of "DEB_MULTIARCH_HOST" or
something. Because Android SDK Build-tools resides in a directory with
the name being the version string, I want to substitute the install
path automatically using dh-exec. Besides, in the detect_arch.mk it
exports the variable CPU which enables us to install AndroidConfig.h
into corresponding location. As I am installing AndroidConfig.h into
/usr/include/{DEB_MULTIARCH_HOST}, we don't need to detect the
architecture before including it.

Second, maybe Lintian does not recognize the fields for Build-Profiles
so it gave "unknown-field-in-control". "built-for-profiles" field is
generated if the package is specified any build-profiles during the
build, which is "stage1" for this package. After we upload
android-platform-system-core and android-platform-frameworks-base we
will upload a full version of android-platform-build again, which
won't have this unrecognized field. I think we should file a wishlist
bug to Lintian for this field?

Cheers,
Kai-Chung Yan