[Android-tools-devel] Android SDK into Debian

Simon Fels simon.fels at canonical.com
Mon Feb 8 09:39:42 UTC 2016

Hey Hans Christoph,

joint efforts always sounds good.

However I can speak only for the android-headers package which I
maintain. The others are a little bit out of my scope. The reason for
the android-headers package currently is to give us access to the
various hardware abstraction APIs the Android SDK itself doesn't give
access to but we need to integrate Ubuntu Touch properly with a Android
based platform.

The headers the package contains are extracted from the AOSP trees and
grouped per platform API level.

We have to be carefully here and not mix up SDK provided headers and
those we take directly from the AOSP tree as they both provide different
level of access.

What are your exact plans on this? Do you want to bundle headers files
coming from the Android SDK with the android-headers package? IMHO
having a android-sdk-headers package would be more what we should do
then to indicate the important difference between both.

regards,
Simon