[Android-tools-devel] Android SDK into Debian

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 8 10:22:48 UTC 2016

(I added the Ubuntu android-tools and phablet-tools maintainers to this
thread)

We've been packaging a lot of the internal headers since we are using
the upstream git repos as the basis for the source packages.  That means
we need to have the internal headers, which we package in android-*-dev
packages.  It looks like you need to support multiple SDK versions with
your android-headers package, that's not something we're doing at all
for the internal headers.  But if you want to have the latest headers in
/usr/include/android, then android-*-dev packages will provide that.

Also, on a related note: we're going to be removing the 'android-tools'
source package quite soon, since we're now building all that stuff as
part of the whole suite of packages.  Also, our packages are Android
6.0.0 while src:android-tools is 5.1.1 in Debian and 4.2.2 in Ubuntu.

You can see the source packages here:
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=android-tools-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org

And here is the documentation of our process and structure:
https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools

.hc

Simon Fels: