[Android-tools-devel] be a mentor for Android SDK/Tools in GSoC/Outreachy

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Mar 11 08:12:40 UTC 2016

Hey all,

Its time for 2016's GSoC application process.  Last year Markus and I
were the mentors for this project, and we got a lot of solid
contributions included, both for pkg-java and android-tools teams
packages (groovy, gradle, android SDK bits written in C, etc).  We also
had lots of student applicants last year, so with more mentors, we could
have a bigger team working this summer, which would mean we could make a
big push towards getting things like gradle plugins or even Android
Studio/IntelliJ in Debian.

I can manage the interfacing with Google and GSoC for those who don't
want to touch that part  What we really need are people who are working
on Java/Android packages and are regularly available via email and/or IRC.

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/Projects/AndroidSDKToolsInDebian

.hc