[Android-tools-devel] Review of icu4j-4.2

Markus Koschany apo at debian.org
Mon Mar 28 16:58:48 UTC 2016

Hi Kai-Chung,

[no need to CC me, I'm subscribed]

Am 28.03.2016 um 18:41 schrieb 殷啟聰:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks for your detailed review! Are we not supposed to discuss this
> in Java Team's list?
>
> I was simply making the least changes to this package since this is a clone.
>
> * jh_installjavadoc is indeed useless because it's not producing a
> javadoc package.
> * I think unzip is unnecessary since it is used to generate upstream
> tarball but not for building.
> * I didn't spend too much time on debian/copyright and I'll improve it someday.
>
> And I was aware that you have made some changes to it and uploaded it.
> But it was rejected...

Nope, I didn't upload icu4j-4.2, that was Emmanuel. To avoid double work
in the future, I suggest that you stick with one DD as a sponsor because
Emmanuel thought that you wanted him to upload the package. He has
already implemented some of my suggestions but it makes sense to address
the other ones too. Especially debian/copyright needs an overhaul
because otherwise the package will be most likely rejected.

Discussing the review on this list is fine because we need icu4j-4.2 to
package another Android package but in the future I suggest that you ask
for sponsorship and reviews on debian-java, if the package is maintained
by the Java Team, or on this list if it is maintained by the Android
Tools team. You don't need to file RFS bugs if you intend to maintain
the package in one of these teams.

Please get in contact with Emmanuel, he will help you getting icu4j-4.2
into Debian.

Cheers,

Markus