[Android-tools-devel] Documenting the android build process for tools relevant to us.

Chirayu Desai chirayudesai1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:38:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have pushed two PoC patches to my personal gitlab account. [1] [2]
The frameworks-base patch is based off the tag debian/1%6.0.1+r16-1
(as I wanted to the branch name to imply) because it was simpler to
build this for testing against that due to the work in progress state
of the android.jar effort.

Anyways, I am able to build apktool with the changes, and it is able
to decompile apps.
The commit messages have some notes, and the changes could also use comments.

Regards,
Chirayu Desai

[1]: https://gitlab.com/cde/debian_android-tools_apktool/commits/f-r-apk/master
[2]: https://gitlab.com/cde/debian_android-tools_android-platform-frameworks-base/commits/f-r-apk/6.0.1+r16-1