[Android-tools-devel] RFS: android-platform-libcore/6.0.1+r16-1

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 13:24:49 UTC 2016

Hi Markus and Hans,

The reason of providing Java source files in android-platform-libcore
is because we use Doclava to analyze all Java source of the Android
platform framework and generate some API stubs which are Java sources
having only the definitions but not the implementations, much like a
header file in C/C++. And "android.jar" is built using these API
stubs. All compiled classes are bundled into a single "android.jar",
so we are not building any separated Java libraries.

I successfully built "android.jar" in the android-jar-old branch [1]
and after I compare this "android.jar" to the upstream one I found
that it is not enough. We need 2 more repos:

  * https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/opt/telephony
  * https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/opt/net/voip

I find it unacceptable if we are also building another 2 binary
packages containing Java source files and with version string in the
package names. So it would be better if we combine
android-platform-libcore and this 2 repos into one single
src:android-platform-frameworks-base.

I don't know if there are any conventional or simple way of making a
source package tarball from multiple upstream tarball. I only know
that the latest uscan (version 4 watch file) supports creating
tarballs from multiple upstream tarballs, but I don't know if
mk-origtargz supports it or there are other ways.

Cheers,
Kai-Chung Yan

[1]: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/android-tools/android-platform-frameworks-base.git/?h=android-jar-old