[Android-tools-devel] RFS: android-platform-libcore/6.0.1+r16-1

Chirayu Desai chirayudesai1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 09:37:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I get what you mean, which is why I suggested the src:android package.
The name can be something else, but I would say it could be something
other than android-platform-frameworks-base too because that would be
confusing as well.

So src:name-of-new-package-for-android-jar
tree:
    frameworks
        base
        opt
            net
                voip
            telephony
    libcore
    debian

which would be used to build the android.jar, having all the android
sources needed in one debian source package would make it easier.
Question is, what about the existing frameworks-base package, and the
other packages it builds (aapt, etc)
Also, it might be worth to think if we would need to do this kind of
thing again in the future, for something else like the NDK or emulator
images (just some random examples, as the emulator images would need a
full android build which would be really complex)

Cheers,
Chirayu Desai