[Android-tools-devel] package: android support m2 repository installer

Chirayu Desai chirayudesai1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:01:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 5:06 PM Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
wrote:

> Checked out the new repo, two things:
>
> * when working on a package, you should only modify things in the
> debian/ folder, the upstream sources need to be modified via patches.
> There is a 'copyright' file in the root of the project
>
> * .gitignore should be moved to debian/.gitignore and then "debian/"
> stripped from the paths in that file

I have had this question for a while, and was also thinking of adding
gitignores to all our repos.
Is it not preferable to add it to the root of the repo?
Some packages leave artifacts there, and there's some generic debian build
related things too.
So would it be okay if I added a .gitignore to
android-platform-frameworks-base, with it's contents being:
aapt
aidl
libaapt.so

etc.

If not, then what should we do to ignore these files? Move them to another
directory perhaps?