[Android-tools-devel] Google Android NDK Installer Package

Mouaad Aallam mouaad at aallam.com
Wed Jun 29 21:05:01 UTC 2016

> Package looks good!  Upon thinking about this, I think its probably
> better to sort the output of `find`, e.g.
>
> find ${INSTALL_DIR} | sort >>
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/google-${PKG_NAME}-installer.list
>
> That goes for all of the google-android-* packages.

Okey, I will patch this.

> If you are still interested in working more on these, it would be great
> to add support for setting a custom download mirror.  For example, here
> is a complete Chinese mirror:
> http://mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn/android/repository/
>
> The idea would be for the package to prompt the user which mirror to use
> for the download when they install the package. For that you use the
> 'debconf' system:
> http://www.fifi.org/doc/debconf-doc/tutorial.html
>
> You can see a simple example of this in action in this package:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/macchanger.git

I Add this too, I will try find more mirrors too if possible.

> And another idea for improvement would be to make `wget` run as the
> 'nobody' user, so that would mean something like:
>
>    install -d -m0700 --owner nobody $(DL_DIR)
>
> and
>
>    su nobody -s /bin/sh -c "wget --continue $(PKG_SOURCE_URL)"

Noted, I will added too, I was think about this too. I will do it for all
the google-android-*-installer packages.

One quastion: on the downloaded NDK package, there is multiple tools, each
folder have an open source different licence (GPL, Apache ...), so for the
ITP report, should i mention them all ?

*Cheers,*
*Mouaad*