[Android-tools-devel] Google Android NDK Installer Package

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Jun 29 22:05:41 UTC 2016

Mouaad Aallam:

>> Package looks good!  Upon thinking about this, I think its probably
>> better to sort the output of `find`, e.g.
>>
>> find ${INSTALL_DIR} | sort >>
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/google-${PKG_NAME}-installer.list
>>
>> That goes for all of the google-android-* packages.
>>

> Okey, I will patch this.
>

>> If you are still interested in working more on these, it would be great
>> to add support for setting a custom download mirror.  For example, here
>> is a complete Chinese mirror:
>> http://mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn/android/repository/
>>
>> The idea would be for the package to prompt the user which mirror to use
>> for the download when they install the package. For that you use the
>> 'debconf' system:
>> http://www.fifi.org/doc/debconf-doc/tutorial.html
>>
>> You can see a simple example of this in action in this package:
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/macchanger.git
>>

> I Add this too, I will try find more mirrors too if possible.
>

>> And another idea for improvement would be to make `wget` run as the
>> 'nobody' user, so that would mean something like:
>>
>>    install -d -m0700 --owner nobody $(DL_DIR)
>>
>> and
>>
>>    su nobody -s /bin/sh -c "wget --continue $(PKG_SOURCE_URL)"
>>

> Noted, I will added too, I was think about this too. I will do it for all
> the google-android-*-installer packages.
>
> One quastion: on the downloaded NDK package, there is multiple tools, each
> folder have an open source different licence (GPL, Apache ...), so for the
> ITP report, should i mention them all ?

This kind of package is funny.  The actual packaged thing is the script,
i.e. for-postinst/Makefile, which downloads and installs the a non-free
package.  So the package's license is the only one that needs to be put
into the ITP bug report header.

Feel free to change it to an actual license if you want, rather than
"public domain"

.hc