[Android-tools-devel] Applying to Outreachy

殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan seamlikok at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:37:40 UTC 2018

Hello Aishwarya,

Thanks for your interest in our project! Most of the work will be related to compiling Java and C/C++, but not all.  The kinds of things we work are:

* Android Java programming
* building and managing Java jars
* C code and building with Makefiles
* how Debian works
* how to make Debian packages

We do not expect you to have all of these skills, but you'll need to be strong in at least two to be an effective contributor. And of course part of this is about you learning new skills.

Next steps for you are to look through the Android Tools team wiki [1] to learn about the project and what needs doing, and to put together your application based on the questions in the project description. There is also a blog post [2] giving you a quick glance at how to contribute.

For putting together your application, you can see the applications from previous years [3] to get an idea of what that should look like. I see that you have applied for our project, did you put your proposal somewhere so that we can take a look?

Additionally, in order to be outstanding among other candidates, it is highly recommended that you make some contributions, no matter how big or small, to our project prior to the selection phase.

Feel free to ping any of us in IRC when you have questions.

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools
[2]: https://seamlik.github.io/post/how-to-contribute-to-android-sdk-in-debian
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2016/StudentApplications

Aishwarya Sankhla 於 2018年03月09日 星期五 04:01 上午 寫道: