[Android-tools-devel] Introduction and looking forward to contribute

殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan seamlikok at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 09:16:10 GMT 2018

Hello Manas,

Thanks for showing interest in our project, and your contributions to Debian!

There are lots of work to be done in this team, you can get some info on <https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools>. But I can give you some hints:

* Take a look at the official SDK and see what components we haven't packaged, and add them to the wiki.
* Try package those components.

The update to 8.1.0_r23 is almost completed, except I'm still working on `android-platform-art`. There are a few new additions to the SDK, for example R8 and D8 (the new Java transpiler for Android).

Keep in mind that our packages are mostly C/C++ projects and some Java ones, so packaging skills of those languages greatly help.

Currently the team isn't too active, so you and I are pretty much alone from now on...

Besy regards,
Kai-Chung Yan

Manas Kashyap 於 2018/11/3 下午11:40 寫道: