[Android-tools-devel] New Android SDK/NDK Rebuilds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Nov 26 09:29:59 GMT 2018

Hey Sylvain,

Thanks for your work!  I'm part of the Debian Android Tools Team
(CC'ed), I also added seamlik in CC.  We are still working on things.
seamlik almost has v8.1.0 of the core parts of the SDK in Debian.  We
could definitely use help, its a big project.

One thing that I think would be good to think about is how to most
efficiently use our time.  One way would be to standardize on your
rebuilds for all of the things that it doesn't make sense to include in
a distro (e.g. "platforms", NDK, support libs, etc).  And then
standardize on the Debian packages as the core provider of free SDK
tools ("tools", "platform-tools", etc).  The Debian packaging is
actually mostly custom Makefiles, so it could be easily adopted by other
distros.  We use absolutely no prebuilts, so we've achieved that
already.  That was indeed quite a large part of the work (lombok,
gradle, kotlin, etc).

The biggest blocker right now is finishing the Kotlin packaging.  That
would be a great place for contributors to join in.

Perhaps a better place to check the status of the Debian Android Tools
Team packages is here, where you can see most are updated to
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=android-tools-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org

Also, FYI, almost all the Debian packages can be reproducibly built:
https://salsa.debian.org/android-tools-team/admin/wikis/home

.hc

beuc at beuc.net:

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556