[Android-tools-devel] New Android SDK/NDK Rebuilds

beuc at beuc.net beuc at beuc.net
Mon Nov 26 10:29:56 GMT 2018

Hi Hans-Christoph,

Great to hear there is activity!

Nice job isolating, checking and recompiling the base tools :)

I'm surprised by: "it doesn't make sense to include in a distro
(e.g. "platforms", NDK, support libs, etc).".

The DAT project scope is confusing to me now:

  "In the long run, the Android Tools Team aims to cover more use
  cases well, and also building the Android NDK."
  https://bits.debian.org/2017/03/build-android-apps-with-debian.html

  "apps targeted at android-23 can be built with only Debian
  packages. We will add more API platform packages via backports
  afterwards.
  https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools

Did it change?

Cheers!