[Android-tools-devel] Gradle or Ant?

Fluff Rabbit fluffrabbit at aol.com
Sun Aug 4 14:10:58 BST 2019

Oh boy. This seems like one of the hardest things to package, so getting new contributors would be its own challenge. I'm assuming the packaging environment would be Debian testing or unstable and the packager would need familiarity with how Google packages things.

Ant used to be the way to build APKs, back when I was still using the official Android SDK and Java. I don't really "get" Gradle and I think it's shitty how a build system needs to update itself just to do its job. I would actually prefer working with Ant if not for incompatibility with other people's apps.

So you're saying that even though it's not documented, Debian's Android SDK should build apps no problem with the Ant it comes with?