[Android-tools-devel] Android Tools and GNU/Hurd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 18 10:44:13 GMT 2021

Hey Roger,

We need to use experimental in the regular maintenance of the supported archs,
so the porting work slows down the regular maintenance.  We already cannot keep
up with the regular maintenance, so more porting work in the Android Tools git
repos and experimental/sid releases will make than even worse.

I'm not a porter, so I don't know the limitations of the porterboxes.  Like I've
said before, before these packages can be ported here to other arches, there
needs to be a lot more contributions to the regular maintenance of the archs
that upstream supports (amd64 and aarch64).  Otherwise, we'll end up with these
packages being removed from all arches in Debian.  You are free to do whatever
you want outside of the team (forks, porterboxes, etc).

.hc

Roger Shimizu: