[Android-tools-devel] latest changes to android-tools missing from git repo

Loïc Minier loic.minier at dooz.org
Fri Oct 3 12:41:03 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I'd like to update the android-tools package, and I've noticed that the latest
> changes and tag are not included in the android-tools.git.  Could you push
> them there?  Or do they only exist in the source package form?  If so, I can
> check them into git.
>
> I also want to update the package some, including more udev rules and bash
> completion.  Shall we move this package to being officially maintained by the
> android-tools team?  Then I'd update it directly. Or the maintainership can
> stay the same.

I fixed the git history / repo with some pain a while back and had
pushed 4.2.2+git20130529-1 back when I uploaded it.

Some time back, someone said this package would be taken over in some
merge of Android source packages in Debian.

The git repo also had permissions issues breaking the webview. I didn't
have enough permissions to fix these; I've opened an Alioth ticket
requesting admin help, but it's still open without action.

I didn't participate in this merge nor in recent uploads and don't have
the time to go merge uploads done by others.

All the best to your efforts to update android-tools to latest source;
thanks for that.

Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier