[Android-tools-devel] Reduce GSoC Goal to Packaging Only the Core Tools

殷啟聰 seamlikok at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:16:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

As I have investigated the components of Android SDK, I have found
that the SDK consists of 6 parts: "tools", "platform-tools",
"build-tools", target platforms (including system images) of all API
levels, documentations of all API levels, and the proprietary Google
APIs.

Is it OK if I change the GSoC goal to only packaging the first 3
parts? of course updating other essential packages such as Groovy and
Gradle is within the goal. The reason is that the target platforms and
documentations of all API levels should be included in Debian but one
summer is not enough. Moreover the Google APIs are proprietary so they
should not be put in Debian in regular ways.

Kai-Chung

--
/*
* 殷啟聰 | Kai-Chung Yan