[Aptitude-devel] How to commit to the Mercurial repository?

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Apr 7 09:05:33 UTC 2008

Hi,

I tried to test my write permissions (thanks) by committing the current
gl.po translation but failed with "ssl required". Since Daniel asked for
my Alioth account I assume the authorisation happens via ssh. Is this
right?

Up to now I found only instructions how to clone from
http://hg.debian.org/hg/aptitude/head (such as from
http://algebraicthunk.net/~dburrows/projects/aptitude/contributing/).

I tried replacing http by ssh but failed with:
remote: abort: repository aptitude/head not found!
abort: no suitable response from remote hg!

Also a connection via
hg clone ssh://jseidel-guest@shell.alioth.debian.org/hg/aptitude/head aptitude-ssh
failed.

Any ideas?