[Aptitude-devel] How to commit to the Mercurial repository?

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Tue Apr 8 22:16:32 UTC 2008

Quoting Jens Seidel (jensseidel at users.sf.net):

> Done.
>
> PS: I haven't touched debian/changelog as Christian only touched
> po/ChangeLog in a similar commit. Hope this is OK.

Well, I never did so as debian/ is maintained in a separate tree, per
Daniel's design. The unwritten rule was then for me to put the
"Closes: #xxxxxx" line in the commit message, which Daniel gathers in
debian/changelog when releasing.

For most other package for which I handle l10n commits, I however
prefer updating debian/changelog as well to avoid keeping bugs opened
by mistake. I still think this is the maitainer's call to decide upon
this, though.