[Aptitude-devel] Inconsistent help message

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Sun Mar 30 19:40:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:55:07PM +0200, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:07:25PM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 07:23:10PM +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> > > On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > > PS: Thanks for CC:ing me. I'm not subscribed yet but will change this
> > > soon.
> >
> >   I'm glad I did; TBH, I probably did it by accident (although I see now
> > that you specifically asked for it, so I'm Ccing you again).
>
> I'm now subscribed to aptitude-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org and aptitude-commit.
> I assume aptitude-svn-commit is no longer used? In this case I suggest
> to remove this list, especially if the complete Subversion history is
> contained in the current repository.

  Unfortunately, the Subversion history isn't included -- although the
public Subversion repository still exists, and I have actually gone to
it once or twice to track down a commit.  (I certainly will preserve
history in the future, but I didn't in the svn -> darcs switch)

> PS: You didn't answer the initial question: Do you want me to fix the
> inconsistent full stop usage, do you want it to do yourself or should it
> kept as it is? (Yep, it is very minor stuff but nevertheless
> inconsistent.)

  I don't know what the initial question is -- Christian Cced me a
message about adding you as a committer but no details about your
original email.  I skimmed over the help file, and the usage of full stops
looks consistent to me, but I'm presumably missing something.  What was
it that you wanted to change?