[Aptitude-devel] Resolver status.

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Fri Apr 17 16:11:36 UTC 2009

  Seems to be the year I fix all the dumb stuff I wrote into the
resolver first time around. :-)

  Anyway, I have an implementation of tiering that's solid and seems
reasonably efficient.  I'm happy enough to call it done for the time
being.  This weekend, I'll work on a few UI things (also around
dependency solving) and some bugs that were filed, then release 0.5.2.

  I have two major changes I still want to make to the resolver, one
that should massively speed up every resolver run, and another that
should make the resolver more robust when packages are available from
multiple sources.  (details available on request but I won't bore the
list with this stuff unless someone asks :) )  I'd like to get tiers out
there and tested before I start making more major changes to dependency
solving.