[Aptitude-devel] Branches in aptitude, where to work on translations?

Daniel Burrows dburrows at algebraicthunk.net
Tue Feb 17 15:37:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 09:41:06AM +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> since Lenny is released I wonder where future work on documentation and
> translations should happen. It looks like that the current HEAD corresponds
> to the stable version.
>
> Is it OK to continue working in this branch, will you merge this branch with
> the post-lenny branch (which includes gtk stuff, ...) or what is the plan?
>
> Should translations be merged from head into post-lenny?
>
> I ask because I will start working on the German translation of the manual
> including manpage ...
>
> The most simple solution would be working on a single branch only.

  I was wondering when someone would ask that. :-)

  I think that the post-lenny branch is probably a better place to work
for now.  Maybe this weekend I'll merge it into HEAD and shut that
branch down.  That will mean no more (easy) upstream releases from the
current stable branch, but it'll also be easier to have all the work
happening in one place.

  I tried merging head into post-lenny, but the translation merge
looked scary -- I didn't know which branch had important work, or if
they both did.  Probably safer if I leave it to you.