[Aptitude-devel] Branches in aptitude, where to work on translations?

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Wed Feb 18 16:07:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 07:01:58AM -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:05:48AM +0100, Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sf.net> was heard to say:
> > didn't I start using the mailing list inseatd of private mail?
>
>   Yeah, I hit the wrong button.  I resent my reply to the list
> eventually but it took a while (I didn't realize I'd replied
> directly until I had already left for work).

OK, I bounced my mails to the list as well (but haven't seen your mail
on the list yet). Let's continue on the list.

> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 07:37:20AM -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   OK, when I merge I'll take the translation files from head.
>
> > I hope I will be able to access the post_lenny branch even after you
> > removed it. I don't know hg very well (only CVS, Subversion and I even
> > failed to learn git during many weeks (it's just too complex) :-))
>
>   Hm, the history will all be merged into head, if that's what you're
> asking. I could leave the branch itself up, but I think that would
> just spread confusion.  Do you need the separate branch for something?

Maybe the history will be merged (commit logs, ...) but not the content
of PO files as they conflict and you agreed to not merge these.

You're right, you should delete "post-lenny" after the merge I'm just not
sure whether I will be able to get the latest state of the branch
immediately before the removal for inspection because of my limited
mercurial knowledge :-)

I want to properly check that I do not forget to manually merge a PO file
(as I mentioned only a single file probably needs special attention namely
po/sk.po, see 2203:9e5225e40d8d) back from post_lenny into head. But on the
other side I can inspect my current state of the working copy :-) So no
problem.

Jens