[Aptitude-devel] Moving the search progress indicator?

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Thu Jan 15 19:06:46 UTC 2009

Daniel Burrows a écrit :
>   I've noticed that it's easy to miss the search progress indicator in
> the GUI, because you enter the search at the top of the window but the
> progress is shown at the bottom.  I wonder if it would be worthwhile to
> move the progress bar to the top of the window instead?  Actually, it
> seems to me that maybe we could hide the search entry and replace it
> with the progress bar and a "Cancel" button.
>
>   Any thoughts?

The Gtk+ documentation says:

"Since 2.16, GtkEntry has the ability to display progress or activity
information behind the text. To make an entry display such information,
use gtk_entry_set_progress_fraction() or
gtk_entry_set_progress_pulse_step()."

Which should be what we're looking for. It should be easy to implement.

Can we effectively cancel a search ? Except for a complete package list,
it's rather fast anyway. If I remember correctly, rebuild_store() is
rather interruptible but the Gtk::TreeView sorting phase is not.

Arthur