[Aptitude-devel] [aptitude-gtk] errors

Daniel Burrows dburrows at debian.org
Sat Jan 17 21:33:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:04:04AM +0100, Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> was heard to say:
> And after command line 'aptitude safe-upgrade'
>
> (gdb)
> run
> Starting program:
> /home/d/2home/svn/aptitude/src/aptitude
> [Thread debugging using libthread_db
> enabled]
> [New Thread 0xb68f06c0 (LWP
> 10055)]
> [New Thread 0xb5291b90 (LWP
> 10064)]
> [New Thread 0xb4850b90 (LWP
> 10065)]
> [Thread 0xb4850b90 (LWP 10065)
> exited]
> Package libjack0 has no candidate
> version.
> Package xserver-xorg-video-vesa, version
> 1:2.0.0-2
> Done listing candidate
> versions.
> Adding

  Thanks -- I bet it's the version with no candidate.  I don't know why
a version with no candidate is getting past ?upgradable, but it's easy
to code around this.  It would be interesting to see what the command
"apt-cache policy libjack0" shows.

  I've committed a change that guards against packages without a
candidate version.  Run "hg revert --all" to undo the patch you
applied, then run "hg pull" and "hg update" to fetch the latest code.
Run "make" to recompile, and hopefully the bug will be gone.