[Aptitude-devel] [aptitude-gtk] errors

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 23:44:48 UTC 2009

Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 11:04:04AM +0100, Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> was heard to say:
>
>> And after command line 'aptitude safe-upgrade'
>>
>> (gdb)
>> run
>> Starting program:
>> /home/d/2home/svn/aptitude/src/aptitude
>> [Thread debugging using libthread_db
>> enabled]
>> [New Thread 0xb68f06c0 (LWP
>> 10055)]
>> [New Thread 0xb5291b90 (LWP
>> 10064)]
>> [New Thread 0xb4850b90 (LWP
>> 10065)]
>> [Thread 0xb4850b90 (LWP 10065)
>> exited]
>> Package libjack0 has no candidate
>> version.
>> Package xserver-xorg-video-vesa, version
>> 1:2.0.0-2
>> Done listing candidate
>> versions.
>> Adding
>>

>   Thanks -- I bet it's the version with no candidate.  I don't know why
> a version with no candidate is getting past ?upgradable, but it's easy
> to code around this.  It would be interesting to see what the command
> "apt-cache policy libjack0" shows.
>
>   I've committed a change that guards against packages without a
> candidate version.  Run "hg revert --all" to undo the patch you
> applied, then run "hg pull" and "hg update" to fetch the latest code.
> Run "make" to recompile, and hopefully the bug will be gone.

$ apt-cache policy libjack0
libjack0:
  Installed: 0.116.1-3
  Candidate: (none)
  Package pin: (not found)
  Version table:
 *** 0.116.1-3 1000
        500 ftp://ftp.debian.nl unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.109.2-5 1000
        990 ftp://ftp.debian.nl testing/main Packages

It seems to be fixed thanks! :)

When do you think aptitude gui hits unstable?

Keep up the good work!

\r