[Aptitude-devel] 0.5.1 is out there

Obey Arthur Liu arthur at milliways.fr
Mon Jan 19 16:01:24 UTC 2009

Daniel Burrows a écrit :
>   You may have noticed that I wrote a changelog entry for 0.5.1
> and tagged it last night.  The package will hit experimental when the
> ftpmasters get around to approving it.  Probably nothing surprising to
> anyone who's been following the source tree, although I did get around
> to implementing resolver hints over the weekend.

I may say that aptitude now has a very nice gtk+ interface.
Feature-wise, it's nearly on par with the ncurses version, with the
advantages of a GUI on top of it. There are still missing features but
it's a good beta in my opinion. There has been much improvement since
the last release in experimental.

Hopefully I'll find some time before FOSDEM to implement some ideas I
have and fix some tedious bugs (click virtual package = death anyone ?).
Too bad FOSDEM is on Europe Daniel :)

Arthur