[Aptitude-devel] Review of 298143

Daniel Burrows dburrows at google.com
Thu Aug 12 20:47:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Piotr Galiszewski <piotr at galiszewski.pl> wrote:
> I have also one question about your proposal:

  Please note that you don't have to accept my proposal, although I
hope you understand it before deciding whether or not you like it. :)
I can merge your changes as-is.

> "filters_manager: remember all the extant filter definitions, allow
> filters to be added or removed, and transfer them to/from the config
> file.
>
>   filter_selector: tracks a list of filter definitions that is being
> presented to the user and emits a signal when the effective filter has
> changed (either due to a change in the selection or to a change in a
> selected filter definition)."
>
> So, filter_selector should be real model for filters_view (should
> contain all visible for users filters)? and model list of all
> available filters? Or selector should contains similar to list filter
> to current package_proxy_model list?

  filter_selector is the logic associated with a filters_view, or at
least, the part of the logic that keeps track of which views are
selected and informs interested parties.  filters_view itself could
fill that role, or you could separate this part of the logic into a
separate code module, depending on what you think will work better.