[Aptitude-devel] Closing all remaining aptitude-gtk bugs?

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Wed Apr 25 20:37:12 UTC 2012

Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> > I'd suggest to close all of them with version 0.6.6-1 (or maybe even
> > better 0.6.6-1+rm to better distinguish bugs fixed by dropping gtk
> > support) so that they don't clutter src:aptitude's bug list anymore.
> >
> > If there aren't any objections, I'd do that within the next few days.
>
> This was the last message on this topic:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/aptitude-devel/2012-March/002177.html

Ah, thanks, I guess I missed that subthread.

So the question left open in that mail is: When is the right time to
close them?

> aptitude-gtk is in stable (and oldstable), maybe the bugs can be
> reassigned to aptitude-gtk/0.6.3-3.2+squeeze1, so at least people who
> come from there have an idea that aptitude-gtk is indeed in a
> well-known "doesn't work perfectly" state.  Maybe there are very few
> such users, but still, it'll be the only hint from official sources
> for those people that they shouldn't rely it.  That's why I suggested
> the "wontfix" in that thread.

Hrm. So basically they're kept open because

a) people using it in Squeeze may look for them
b) people who want to resurrect aptitude-gtk should easily find them.

Would closing them with 0.6.6-1+rm and tagging them with "squeeze"
help?

For finding them again later, some user-tags could be appropriate,
too, but only if someone tells it the potential resurrector.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe at debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin